Tuesday, April 5, 2016

2 Workshops, 109 Attendees

Day 8

(Note: I had trouble with Internet in Senniquellie. Getting this out later than usual. Here is the post for Monday.)




We delivered two workshops today. 

The first was for seventy high school students and nine teachers in Ganta at the Ganta Youth Resource and Recreation Center. This was from 10:00 - 3:00. Then we drove for an hour, even further into the country, to a place called Senniquille. Here we gave a presentation to thirty faculty and teachers at the Nimba County Community College.




Success stories and pictures:

Students...

"What I learned from this workshop is going to be used as one of the key fundamental aspects of instruction in my life. It is also going to help me about what to study, how to study and where to study. For the knowledge achieved at this workshop today, I pray that this workshop will be extended to all parts of Liberia." 



Jay speaking in Ganta

"I am thankful to God for this workshop. What I enjoyed most during this workshop was the explanation and definition of words in the the Liberian pledge to the flag, specifically the definition of 'republic' (rather than king or queen). I pray to see you people back soon in Ganta."



Colin delivering in Ganta

"Ah! The workshop was interesting and educative. I learned a lot of things like getting rid of barriers to studying and how to study. I want to extend my thanks and appreciation to the organization who organized this work. I am going to apply what I learn from this workshop by teaching my brothers, sisters, friends, relatives and loved ones."


Teachers and students after the Ganta workshop

"I would like to extend my thanks and appreciation to all of you who made this workshop a successful one. The most important thing I learned from this workshop is the difference between learning and studying. I hope this topic will go all over Liberia to help our fellow students understand it too."

Jay, Tim and Colin addressing the NCCC faculty 

"I learn many things, but what really touched my mind and makes me say this workshop is very much unique, is that I learn how to be strong in studies. I have also learned how barriers can also cause you to not study. Based on the teaching of the workshop I will be able to eliminate some of the obstacles stopping me to not study. I will also discuss this with my friends and community members who are willing to be successful in life. Let me conclude by saying the teaching of this workshop has fallen into a fertile soil which will be successfully implemented."


Teacher in Ganta

"I would like to extend my thanks and appreciation to all of you who made this workshop successful. This program and workshop changed my life. Many thanks."








Faculty after the NCCC workshop

"My success story is all about the very good, good things we learned in this workshop. They should be taken into consideration by the government because we learned good, good things that will benefit us as youth of this country."



Xane delivering in Ganta


"The story about my success is very much important because I will be able to live by it tomorrow. It will also lead to prosperity and improve my education standard. If there is possibility, I will be able to use it as an opportunity to achieve more knowledge to help many people in my country and also from the nearby countries. It is wonderful to have a good success story about oneself. God bless you."


Colin and Tim with NCCC faculty

From the Workshop Evaluation forms: "How can we improve this workshop?"

"My suggestion is that the government of Liberia should help 
you people in this process."

"We can improve this workshop by training students of Liberia."

"I suggest that this work should visit every part of Liberia, especially the rural areas."


Colin speaks at Ganta

Teacher and Faculty...

"My success story today is as a teacher I have learned methods in motivating students how to own what they study and learn. I also learned as a teacher I should master what I teach and have passion for it."


Jay and two new freinds

"The presentation with demonstrations will help me greatly in my teaching career. Specifically, I will consciously try to improve on developing tests, selecting texts that are relevant, and using students' prior knowledge to introduce new concepts and theories. The workshop was a tremendous success for me."




"During the time of this workshop I observed everyone was attentive. They were willing to learn. The presenter was brief and straight to the point. Every topic that was presented was clear. This will help improve my teaching skills."



Jay in Ganta

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment