Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Epilogue

First Day Home


Children outside of Jay's house pumping water.

As I type this I am sitting on my bedroom floor, surrounded by suitcases opened and unpacked. I am home in Clearwater, Florida. It is Tuesday, April 12, 9:18 am Florida time, 1:18 pm Liberia time.

As noted in my last post, we spent Sunday morning at Jay's church. What a wonderful experience!




Church was the debut of our new African shirts!


Photo with the choir before they sang.

Beautiful in every way!


Congregation.

Monday, while Xane and I flew, Tim stayed back two extra days so they could meet with the Minister of Education for Liberia. It was a productive and successful meeting. 



That brings to a close my daily blog...for this trip! Everything accomplished in the last two weeks exceeded everyone's expectations. The stage is set now for future projects in this wonderful country fighting for change. 

Lastly, before getting ahead of ourselves, we must complete the funding for this trip. The successes and demands of this initial project definitely out-paced our cost projections. Please go to our GoFundMe site and contribute whatever amount moves you. 

Thank you for following us.

Until next time...

Sign at Robert's International Airport on the outskirts of Monrovia.

No comments:

Post a Comment