Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Today Was a Good Day!

-4 days to departure

This afternoon I rushed through cold leftovers for lunch so I could sit at my trusty laptop and send out twenty emails. As has been usual in the last few weeks, emails = promote the project to everyone we know. Tim has been doing the same thing, probably even more so. A spare ten minutes means more emails, calls, conversations and texts drumming up support. 

It seems to be paying off. In terms of financial support, today is turning out to be a pretty good day. Our GoFundMe page has taken a pretty big jump. We crossed the halfway point of our fundraiser and now the finish line is (finally) in sight. Go, go, go!

For those who have been tracking our GoFundMe progress, take a moment to go there and see where we stand.


Today was also a good day because I think I finally shook off the final ill-effects of my yellow fever vaccination. I was dragging along at less than 100% for too long. Now I know I can hit the ground running at full strength in Monrovia. Xane hasn't said a word about feeling anything from his shot. Good for him. He must have good genes.

Until tomorrow...
  
(P.S. The Jazz beat the Rockets in Houston tonight!)

No comments:

Post a Comment